- Download 28
- File Size 1.36 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date 9 de November de 2021
- Last Updated 9 de November de 2021
D4.3 Model Capable of Estimating the Performance of a Given Adsorption Chiller Set-Up and a Given Adsorber Material for a Given Application Scenario
The aim of this report is to provide a modelling and simulation methodology capable of selecting the most promising adsorber material for a given cooling scenario based on its thermophysical properties. In order to provide the best possible compromise between speed and accuracy of the screening and evaluation process, a two-step approach is proposed, with increasing level of detail and therefore accuracy of the evaluation.
In particular, the aim was to develop and publish a method universally usable, which means:
- Adapt to most of the state-of-the-art adsorber material classes,
- Available to anyone,
- Independent on the heat exchanger design,
- Easy to implement in various scenarios.
To satisfy these requirements it was decided to implement:
- A description of materials and processes as general as possible,
- Using open source resources,
- Proposing a modelling approach base on the material properties only,
- Using an object-oriented approach.